TED

I am in love in TED talks now. I have a new goal for myself, a new quote, a new passion.
"I am passionate about learning new things everyday and make life a little more interesting" That is why, instead of watching silly youtube videos, TED videos will be my first choice. I can find so many, seriously vast of choices for me to choose, i can choose which video to watch, i am able to let the app to surprise me with videos that suits my preference and within the time i set. Pretty cool isn't it? I find it really fascinating.

Well, I'm sure you are wondering why out of the blue i would start watching TED videos. Well, it was because of one article on how to make yourself smarter.

There are a few tips i remembered:

First, would definitely be watching TED talks as it brings you vast of knowledge, teaches you things that you have never heard before in your life, inspire you to be someone greater than you are now, today.

Secondly, meditate everyday before you start your day for about 5 minutes is already sufficient. This is to calibrate your body, mind and soul. Once your body is calibrated, balanced, you will feel much clearer and your mind will just think and focus on how you want it to be. I will start this every morning, start from tomorrow and this is going to be routine, my habit.

Thirdly, is to write 400 words everyday, no matter on what. Self-reflection, the day-adventure, just anything you want to write about. And i can consider as achieved this point as i have been blogging almost everyday and has now became my habit. Well, it was a bumpy ride at the beginning but soon when i found out that blogging is the way of expressing myself as i am not really comfortable in talking my problems to people, it has now my die hard habit.

Next would be lead a healthy lifestyle. I will never believe having McDonalds meals and laze around the house will never make you fat or will make you smarter. Never. Because it is definitely not true. No one can talk me out of it. For sure! I am grateful that my mom pushed or 'forced' me to attend ballet classes when i was young. It was what she wanted to do when she was young but she didn't have the chance to and thus, pushed us to her dream. Well, that sounds pretty harsh but it was almost the truth. The other truth was because i hunched back, really badly. So she thought ballet could help me from that bad habit. Well, i guess that helped as well. haha. Anyways, i have been dancing when i was young and at first i hated it cause it was too boring. Repeating the same old barre exercises and so on bores the hell out of me. I nearly quitted but my mom insisted no. They say 'moms know best' for a reason and now i believe to whoever who came out with that. And soon i fell in love with ballet and the lessons were so hardcore that the studio became my second home. I never had the chance to hang out with my friends at the mall during weekends because of my classes. But anyways, i would prefer attending the classes. haha. I was really busy during my high school years with studies, extra curricular and after school lessons. I love being busy. I just love getting myself occupied. Call me crazy or what but i have to admit, i am becoming more and more like my mom, can never sit still. I have to move. I have to workout when i am free, at least half an hour or go for a run. I have the motivation to drive to the gym just to workout. I just need to move my body. I hated my college years, i was lazy, i was not motivated, i stopped my ballet lessons cause i moved house. I hated it. That explains why my results were bad for A-levels. Oh well. During my first year, i changed a little and now here, i am still changing to get occupied. Wake up earlier, do some workout in the room, have my breakfast, prepare lunch, shower then head to library. I don't want to stay in the room. I don't want to be like my flatmates, staying in the room all day and night. I couldn't. I wasn't trained like that. I know that staying in the room will just make my day less productive. okay, this paragraph is a little out of topic.. haha 

Besides that, watch less TV. Watching TV will just numb your brain and as time passes, you will feel a lot less smarter. Yes, i had that first hand experience. During the college years, i was addicted to TV. Not even joking, i was addicted! I would watch TV every.single.day. No matter the show is interesting or not, i would just waste my time stoning and staring at the flatscreen for hours long! Really lifeless eh? I know.. I regret doing that. This also explains why i was much more productive when i was in high school cause back home, my mom only installed Astro in her room and the TV in the living room is not connected to Astro and obviously, no interesting shows to watch. What can i do when i was bored or really have nothing to do? Well, read. I have to admit, i read a lot back then. I buy books and will read and read and never put it down until it is finished! haha crazy but yeah. My parents had to limit me to only buy 1 book per week. Well, luckily Enid Blyton's books are of different stories in one book. I had to limit myself to only read 2-3 stories per day to not finish the book too soon. haha. I didn't hang out with my friends as well, cause my mom said no and i was way to young to drive. haha.

I remember another point just now and now it disappeared and i couldn't find it in my brain! The 'librarian' in my 'library' is slow! Shall upgrade a new software for her or something.. hahaha LOL

*update after finished my last line*
I finally remembered what is the other point i wanted to say.
Lastly, change your everyday routine. Make your day more interesting by doing things that are not in your everyday plan. For example, instead of waking up at 9, wake up at 8 for a change then instead of going for a shower after breakfast, go for a jog first then breakfast then shower. Don't contain or fix yourself doing a 'just a normal day' routine. Explore. Instead of staying in the house the whole day, drive out to a coffee shop, sit there and observe things around you. Have a calm heart and just spend your time sipping coffee and observe how things work around you. I am sure you will encounter some funny moments or some hot chick queueing up to get her coffee. You know, some moments that will make you realize things that are happening but we were just too busy thinking of our own problems and think that the world revolves around us and blind ourselves from enjoying the true meaning of living. It is now to start something. NO point waiting anymore. You have nothing to lose.


Darling, i know you have a lot of things to think about now. You said you have changed, yes i can see that. It is a gradual process, and it is time to make your change to be more obvious. Stop being so shy or humble about your change okay. Just show it off! :) I don't mind a little bit of brag from you. hehe. Watching TED talks really inspired me and that particular article ticked the inner me to jump out from my ordinary lifestyle to something more, more than just being an ordinary student in an ordinary life. I don't want to be ordinary anymore. I don't want to be another regular face in the crowd. The crowd already has enough faces and i want to step out, step out to the blue ocean leaving the red(it's a business term) hehe.

I really hope you will decide what you want to do. Now. Not soon, not in the future but Now! Nothing will ever happen if you want to wait for the 'moment'. Again, there is no such thing as waiting for 'the moment'. 'The Moment' is when you stand up and start running. 'The Moment' is when you step out from your comfort zone. It is you to set your own path. Not anyone else. Not me. Not your parents but yourself. Remember this, You Are Ready.

I am ready for a change and already changing. How bout you?


okay, gonna hit the sack soon! although not going to library tomorrow cause no bus. I thought of walking all the way to UP, but the weather stopped me from my plan. Well, don't you dare say "nothing can stop you from what you really want" cause in this particular situation, i don't want to walk in the rain nor make myself sick during exams. haha


P/S: Seriously, who is the psychologist now? :P 


grateful and blessed



mun

Comments

  1. wow... so longgg
    and the little notes are so cute
    mom taught you well dear =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee