Year 2020, so far

Year 2020 so far has not been treating us that well with the pandemic going on and Malaysia has announced Movement Control Order (MCO) since 18th March. That would mean, we have been working from home for 2 months now. I am going back to office next week, only for a week then 2 weeks working from home. Slowly transitioning back to office. We all know that things are not going to be normal anymore. The normal now is to wear mask wherever we go, always and always sanitise our hands, to always get our temperature checked before entering a store and to always record wherever we go. Seems like this is the best time for the government to track our movements and all the citizens voluntarily does it without any questions asked.

Of course, there has been several ups and downs with my role being a headhunter, where there were hiring freeze where it directly impacted one of my candidates where his offer was being retracted. But there are still hirings for the urgent roles out there. Obviously the IT team would be thriving now- depending on the roles of course. But other than that, very sure that all of us feels the impact of this pandemic. I would consider myself being extremely lucky to still have my job, to have a house to live in. Nothing more that I can ask for. There are of course several things still bothering me but it is a problem where I can solve in the next few months. Baby steps and I believe I am able to get it solved.

Now, I just need to focus on my goal which is of course my job and to close as many roles as possible. At times like this, I don't feel like watching any movies, any shows , any videos, I just want to write or read. I think at this point in time, I have gotten "bored" of watching videos as I don't feel inspired or challenged at all. Hence, I have been reading a lot more especially on my Kindle or bookstore to expand my book library. Seems like, undeniably that buying books from Kindle is still cheaper than owning physical books and it is still a lot more convenient to read as I don't need to flip pages. I know many might not agree to this cause I personally do miss ready physical books but I still think that Kindle is very convenient to read anywhere.

During this MCO, my friendship with my girlfriends has definitely gotten stronger and we usually have scheduled video call every week to just talk. Our video call sessions could sometimes lasts up to 4 to 5 hours and we can discuss on almost anything and everything. So last night, Jess suddenly suggested that we should start our own podcast! We believe that the topics that we talk about would or could help girls out there that may not have a clue on their own bodies, relationships, just life experiences in general cause sometimes things could be awkward when you talk to your mon about sex. As we all know, sex is a taboo topic in most Asian households. Where else could we learn this from other than out own initiatives and talking to our girlfriends who might have faced or facing similar situations. We believe such education is very important to girls out there to at least equip themselves with some clues of what is out there or what to expect.

Not only that, I have definitely got very consistent to working out. I have been working out everyday since the MCO. I do feel a lot stronger and I believe that because of the exercise that I could still maintain a healthy mind during these trying times. Or not, I personally do think that I would be affected by the negativity around. Even though I do have body goals that I would like to achieve in these 2 months but somehow, my body is not where I have expected it to be which is frustrating cause I have definitely worked out alot more. I just don't know what else that I have not been doing right. Perhaps it could be me not drinking enough water or the food intake is not clean enough to lower my body fat. I know that my body fat is lessening but it's not lessening fast enough to my expectations! gah. I feel very frustrated but I know that having a toned body is a lifestyle and I know that I am moving to that direction. Slowly and surely I will reach my body goals. I just need to be patient. At the same time, I am proud to say that I am happy with my yoga progress so far, my arms are definitely stronger now and I am able to do the yoga poses that I wasn't able to in the beginning of MCO. Definitely proud of it! I will have to keep reminding myself that I am stronger today than I was yesterday , though my body fat may not be as low as I wanted it to be yet but I know I am working on it and I will be achieving such results!!

I think that is about it with my life so far in year 2020 and how I have been doing in this MCO. Hope you are keeping yourself safe and sane!

Always grateful and blessed

mun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee