24

I had a wonderful night last night. We went to Tamarind Hills for dinner to celebrate our friend's belated birthday. :) It is almost one month late actually haha. Well, everyone is pretty busy with work, well most of them are busy with work except for me as i am still studying, last semester baby!

I had a grown up night. haha. Usually for university students, birthdays are usually celebrated in the club and make the fella drunk. But yesterday night, after the dinner, we went to our friend's place to have some wine and chill and we played Pandemic. A pretty intense game. You need to understand alot of information before starting the game. Definitely not as easy as like Scrabbles or Monopoly. It is not just any board games. haha. But you will understand it once you start playing it. I actually like the game. We stayed for a pretty long time there as he decided to bring out some Glenmorangies and Black label to 'teach' me to differentiate the different types of whiskies. I, now, know the difference of smell and taste of each whiskies. I really love learning about alcohol because i think it will come in handy in the future. Really interesting field to learn actually. haha. He taught me to buy just one bottle of any alcohol when i fly to anywhere because obviously it is cheaper and sometimes, you will have something to serve or offer when your friends come over. Really cool.

Oh yeah, Tamarind Hills is a Burmese restaurant in the heart of KL and would say, the food are pretty amazing. Though the Tomyam is not spicy, it is more to sweet than spicy. Love their fried rice though. Lemongrass, garlic and ginger fried rice are awesome. Really good. I would go back there to have their fried rice. haha. The food are pretty pricey but some dishes are pretty worth the money. The environment is cosy and the staffs are friendly, but i would say, only some of them. Other than that, i am pretty satisfied with the restaurant.

So, as i mentioned, i had a pretty grown up night is because, we started talking about investments and my future plans and my friends receiving wedding invitations and so on made me realise that, i am so near in entering this new phase. I am going to be 22 so soon and after a few more months, i am no longer a student anymore. I will need to work, pay my own bills and so on. It is definitely a huge step to take but i need to brace myself for that. Now, i am feeling a little scared and anxious as i don't know what is it out there. Being a student, you can skip classes, have an entire day off for no reason but work, there is no such thing. However, when you started working, you will know what the reality is like. You are now earning your own money, all the expenses are on you. Time to get really independent and you are on your own now. Well, once you reach that phase, you are free. Free to make any decisions in your life. Free to travel anywhere in the world as your pocket allows. Free to actually do anything you life. That's the freedom but that is also when your work ties you down. The huge commitments that you have to make and finding the one to spend the rest of your life with and then get married, have kids and that's when another phase of life starts. Well, that is what a typical human being will need to go through i think, at least from my point of view.

I think i need to stop with this. haha. Anyways, tomorrow will be my last day of the one week holidays and i am looking forward for an amazing semester, the last semester. How time flies. Scary yeah? Yup, very.



I shall read my Little Women and hit the bed. Need to sleep earlier and recover my sleeping pattern. haha.



grateful and blessed



mun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Chinese New Year Flowers!

Coffee