Thoughts.

Another random thought of the day.

After watching a video posted by one of the Youtuber on how she handles her bad days, makes me think that, you know, it is true that us, humans, have our bad days. Just random bad days without reasons. You don't actually know why you feel bad, you just feel bad. Without legit reasons. Weird? Yes. I guess, when you are moving so fast in your daily routines, as in, wake up in the morning, hang out with friends, or go out to work then come back home, relax for bit then sleep and the routine repeats. And your weekends are probably packed with hangouts and chill sessions, thus, missed the alone time. The time to recollect, to reflect.

It is normal for us to feel that way. Sometimes it may also be affected by the social media where we see how "perfect" someone else's life is but come on, you don't know what has happened before the picture was taken, what was happening when the picture was taken and what happened after the picture was taken. Nothing is perfect. To be honest, a lot of us look at the phone the first thing when we wake up and also the last thing we do before we sleep, literally. I mean, I have to agree with that cause that's what I'm doing now which I would like to lessen and eliminate.

When you see pictures posted on Instagram, you will start to think and then slowly, compare. Or posts on Snapchats, for me, especially Snapchat. You see the fun your friends are having and then start to wonder, when will you be having fun and why are you not having fun. Those silly random thoughts. I mean, why are you even comparing?! *By the way, talking bout myself*

I couldn't not compare. The struggle is damn real. Don't you think so? And this is the challenge I would take. To stop comparing cause they and I is different. Be content and grateful with what you have and enjoy every single moment without the involvement of gadgets. Why do I need to post all these to show people that I'm having fun? Enjoy the fun, feel the moment instead of saying "Wait, I need to snapchat this. Wait, I need to take a pic of this." You stopped the fun, you stopped the moment. Don't you think so? Well, you can say you are just pausing the moment, i mean, hello, you think? The moment you said "Wait!" is exactly when you killed the moment.

I guess, that's probably the reason why I am slowly less active on Snapchat. Trust me, I had the urge to post everything on Snapchat. Almost everything i see, everything i do but it comes to one question. Is that even necessary? LOL.

I understand that people post things on social media to share. I get it. I do share things on social media once in awhile. All I'm saying is, get to know the balance of when to keep it to yourself and when to share. There's a thin line between sharing and over sharing - at least in my opinion.

All that I am trying to say is to just enjoy the moment - a reminder to self.




Shall end the random thought of the day thanks to the Youtuber.




grateful and blessed




mun

Comments

  1. Weirdly, I think I watched the same video early today! I think it was admirable how she honest she was and how how she just put everything into perspective. It's so easy to forget that what we see on our friend's Facebook, or famous youtube's vlogs are just part of their highlight reel! I have exactly the same feeling as you too- about snapchat and instagram. It's a love hate relationship tbh. hahah- when I went on holiday with some girlfriends earlier on the year, I told everyone as a rule to try and keep their phones in their bag while eating so we could just enjoy some good old conversation without seeing what other people are doing with their lives on social media! haha

    www.plumhoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really? wow! haha Yes! we are totally on the same page. i mean, i really want people to start enjoying the moment and see the beauty in it. That's a really good move to make sure everyone is feeling the moment and really bond with each other. :)

      Thank you for your thoughts on this and actually read my post haha :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee