Perhentian 2.0

So for the past weekend, my BF and I decided to spend our 3rd year anniversary there as we liked our first Perhentian vacation last year. Last year, we went to Perhentian Kecil and we liked the snorkelling session that we had at Turtle Point, Shark Point, romantic beach and we even tried diving for the first time in our lives! but too bad, we didn't like that diving as our ears were hurting quite a bit and we were feeling a little paranoid at the possibility of our eardrum being damaged from diving. lol. Anyhow, at the end of the trip, we have come to 3 conclusions: 1st - we can't do sea diving, as we became paranoid af after. 2nd- we still prefer plain old snorkelling, watching colourful fishes and corals and 3rd - we want to go back Perhentian, every year if possible.

Hence, this year, we've decided to go Perhentian Besar this time for the 2nd and 3rd. Yes, we did snorkel but this time we went Pulau Rawa, Tokong Burung, Lighthouse. Well, the reason why we chose these few locations were because last year, we were told how much more beautiful the corals are at these locations but in the end, we got pretty disappointed. The corals were not colourful and mostly were not alive anymore.. Was it because we placed a very high expectation on the corals that was described by the person that told us about Pulau Rawa? Maybe. But yeah, I don't think we are going back to Perhentian anymore next year. Perhaps, we might be giving Lang Tengah a try. Or not probably Hawaii or Amsterdam- depending on our financials next year. haha. Well, we have been talking about going Hawaii and Amsterdam for quite some time now. Perhaps next year we can give it a go?

All in all, it was a very relaxing trip at Perhentian Besar. We stayed at The Barat Resort and it was GOOD! The room was clean and comfortable, the food was good and reasonably priced. The service, especially service was very good too! Even though the snorkelling session was bit of a let down, but overall, because of the accommodation and experience that we felt it was still a good vacation. A very much needed one. Give and take I suppose. But probably next year, we might not be going back anymore. sads.

Coming back to KL was a smooth journey. Initially our flight was being cancelled and we were moved to the later flight but because we were able to reach the airport early, we requested to be moved to the earlier flight. Lucky us, there were still seats! Hence, we were able to board the earlier flight where we only needed to wait for an hour to board as compared to the much later flight where we were going to rot for 5 hours in the airport.. So, really really lucky us!

Now, I am having some withdrawals from our vacation. Part of me feels I'm all recharged and ready to work and hustle for the next quarter! but part of me misses the moments we had - which probably because my BF have to go back home to do his chores. I mean, been spending so many days and nights with a person and suddenly, back to the reality!! added with the person not spending the day and night with you anymore just sucks.. but oh well, we have our own responsibilities to work on and I can't be the selfish one to not let him do what he is responsible for right?

I was feeling slightly lonely inside after he has left home. I was scrambling in finding a movie/ drama I would want to watch to cheer myself. In the end, I did some self care like mask and did watch a movie but halfway through, I've decided to stop it and write this blog. I think writing does help with expressing my emotions and usually I feel much better after I write.

I am currently reading a book called Irresistible by Adam Atler. So far, the book is talking about Addiction, Obsession and Compulsion. Very interesting topics that I about to discover further in this book. Can't wait to finish it!

Right, I think that's about it for this blog.


Always grateful and blessed.



Mun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee