what have I been doing

Hello hello. It has been a long while, again, since I have sat down to write down my thoughts. Let me share a little of a recruiter's life. Just a little background of myself, I've started my career in investment banking for 2 years then moved to being a recruiter. From a desk bound role to a people management role. Not easy. I've rode many emotional roller coaster where I could be super excited for something, then hit by a bad news. I have learned many, many life lessons from being a recruiter. It is not as easy as it seems. We are not just the connecter of clients to candidates and otherwise. We do more than that. We manage people's expectations, we consult, we advise on market trends and movements, we ought to know what's out there, what are the current demanding jobs there are across the industry. Again, we are not just the person to view CVs and send to clients. We filter, we assess the candidates from the body language and at the same time understanding their background and needs in the next role. We don't simply recommend roles just to meet our KPIs. I mean, I can't speak for all but that's what I was being trained. If there's no good CVs to share, don't share. okay, so that's just a little summary of what I do daily.

Because of the emotional roller coaster, sometimes I doubt myself, whether am I suited for this role? Why didn't I choose something easier? Not people facing, just numbers and excel worksheets. Dealing with numbers is way, way easier as compared to humans. Humans are full of emotions and thoughts. How to make some stranger weigh in to your career decision? From the recruiter's point of view, how to make the candidates and clients trust in you , your advise in their career path? It's sensitive at so many levels. First, it is not just the increment, it's the new environment, the new people, new boss, new culture. It's all very , very intimidating.

So yeah, all these thoughts surround me every single day. To overcome all these thoughts, which I am not too sure if they're considered motivating or deflating, I sometimes, decide to push them all away and to only focus on what is my goal for that day. I am still finding my time management style. Still getting used to my current lifestyle.

I have planned something to fill my weekends more productively is to finally start with my own podcast. I have started one before and it was the greatest. I think it is now to start one again. I want the right equipment to start this but let's start with the profile cover and a name.

Time to go and start this!

Talk to you all soon!



Always grateful and blessed



mun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee