new year, new self!

Hey there!
Again, i have not been posting consistently here since my last post. I think it is time to sort of commit myself to do so, at least a post a week. What do you think?

Alrighty, something to share this week is all about self care! I have been watching quite a number of youtube videos ranging from self care, to slow living to mukbangs (in the middle of the night, hated myself for that) and to productivity.

I was pretty inspired to practice self care by slow living. what slow living means is that, every single day, I will be focusing on different things. Will share the link here so you can have a look and perhaps have a try yourself!

https://www.pickuplimes.com/single-post/2019/01/28/7-DAYS-OF-SLOW-LIVING-»-printable-guide

I was thinking of printing the sheets but in the end, I opted to write them down in bullet journal kind of way. I have to admit, I almost gave up in the middle. I seriously don't have the patience to draw lines in the bullet journal to make all look nice and perfect, with nice and pretty fonts. I just cannot. Even watching the videos on Youtubers showing how they create their perfect bullet journal made me anxious! Thinking of the work and effort on every pages, some people find it satisfying, I find it, too much work.  I prefer to just grab a normal notebook and just write down to do things on every pages and see how I progress from there cause I don't think I have that much time as compared to the Youtubers who have a few hours during the day to spare. I don't have that luxury cause for one, I have to work, second, chase KPI and third, I would rather spend that much time in yoga or gym or face mask. Anything but to spend, in my opinion, so much time is crafting all that out when I can just write all down in a notebook with lines. as simple as that. I guess, perhaps if I do have the luxury of time, one day, I might actually do that. Maybe.

Alright, back to the initial topic, slow living. Below is the link and I am planning to start it next week, which is my hectic week! I can so see it coming. After a full week of being away from work, and everything seemed to be arranged in the week after, I am crazy for placing myself in such hectic week! Well, first, I did not foresee my candidates, so many of them to be selected for interview! Well, I am not complaining! What I can do better in this type of situation is that, always foresee myself to have a hectic week ahead! Then, plan according to that. If I am free, source. If I am busy, what I'll do and what to prioritise! Sounds like a good idea. Time to take out a notebook just for that! I am currently having one and it's messy AF. I can't stand it. One thing I need to improve on is my notebook skills. I mean, to make sure my notebook is parted accordingly. For example, a section for to do lists, a section for candidate meetings and etc. Should start planning for a system for the busy week and year ahead!

Okay, I derailed, again! Back to slow living. The reason I would like to give it a try is because I think I have not been practicing mindfulness since I have changed job. I have no idea why but it seems like I have gotten away from my goals: podcasting and blogging. One thing that I have been being pretty consistent is my reading and workout. Not really on yoga, sad because I was adjusting to my new environment and all. But next week onwards, it's time to be consistent baby! I love the yoga class. I Freaking Love It! I think it's the ambience and how I feel after and also the trainer. She's damn freaking good! Did I tell you that she made me do headstand for the first time in my life, in her first class?! She's crazy! But she saw and knew I can do it and I did. And ever since then, I only attend her yoga classes! I FREAKING LOVE IT! okay, I need to stop hahah. Too bad that this week I can't attend her class cause I'm going Genting with y family and bf. Hopefully next week onwards I'll be consistent as long as I can!! I can do this!!

So I hope this slow living is able to bring myself back to focusing what I want to focus on and ace them! It is really time to get myself together and move!

Yes, I realised that I have a lot of exclamation marks to show how freaking excited I was writing all these down! and how I can't wait to start my 2019!!

Hope you will find something that will create a spark in you! :)



Always grateful and blessed,



mun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee