Comparison

Hi all,

It has been a long while since I have written something here. Actually it has been a long while since I've written my thoughts out. I have been having a lot of thoughts in my mind a few months now, and I think that's the reason for all the pimples popping up on my forehead, sigh. Putting that aside, I have been unhappy these few months. Mostly because of worrying the uncertain future that I am going to face. I have no idea why am I so concern of the future and etc. Because of the uncertainties, I have been stressing myself out. Giving myself unwanted worries.

I have finally, or slowly taking baby steps. Meaning, I want to live in the moment where, I am only going to think of what I want to do this week and probably next week. Just want to start fresh instead of worrying so much on my future like omg, how many babies I am getting or whatever or if I cannot conceive when I want to have my own kids so bad. Okay, those are seriously unwanted stress! See? I think of all that unnecessary thoughts. I don't even know if I will get married in the first place. Why did I skip a step. Why am I even skipping steps in the first place. People always say live as if today is the last. Well, to be honest, I am living as if I am only going to live until the age 30 or something. I am rushing my life. I feel like I am rushing through my life. One reason for this is also because of social media and peer pressure through social media. You see the influencers of your age having this and that, you feel like a loser. You see your friends been travelling here and there whilst you're at home lazing, you feel like a loser. As if you're not moving forward. It's toxic! It's so toxic when you start comparing your life to your friends thinking omg they're having so much fun and i'm not! I am deciding whether to delete my instagram or not seriously. I should be happy for people's fun but I am not. Why? Let's say its my ego. I compare my life with my friends'. LOL. That is something that I definitely have to work on!!

That's why I am considering to delete my instagram app. Out of sight, out of mind and just focus on my life until I am ready to go back online. But the question is, when am I going to be ready. I know, no matter where my life is, I will still be jealous or unhappy with my life when I start to compare. What is the remedy to this curse? Someone please tell me? Yes, this is a curse because once you go online, your eyes will be glued on the screen, then you'll go feeds after feeds, picture after picture, you are now, the world class stalker as long as you don't have butter fingers that accidentally double clicked on the picture that was posted years ago. LOL. Anyways, enough ramblings.

Why I am still considering not to delete my instagram is because I, too, want to share something to the world because my life is not that boring. But the question is, why do you want to share. More of like showy. Let's be real. When you post something on Instagram, even instastory, you will only post something when you're at a cool event, with cool friends, at cool place or whatever. This is what we have become. So, very visual and status conscious. Yes, by showing only the cool online and not when you're in your PJs or doing some random shits. I am guilty of it. Mark Twain said "Comparison is the death of joy". Which is spot on. This is what I'm talking about. When you start comparing, you killed your joy instantly. I discussed this with my bf and he mentioned that everyone's starting point is different, which i totally agree because we are all born in different families, different upbringing. Literally everything is different. This is not a relative comparison at all. Can't even make it a relative comparison. How? Best is to not compare. But can we? Truthfully, can we?

I think this can be a topic to ponder upon. To be honest, i don't have opinion how to not compare ourselves because i know, i will compare and i don't want to be a hypocrite in this sense. What i can do better is, slowly distant myself from social media. Slowly but surely. I'll continue blogging which i should be to rant haha.

Oh yeah, i am going to the F45 training gym at KLCC later. I am pretty excited about it. Read many good reviews about the trainers and gym. The only thing that seemingly doesn't exist on google is the monthly fees. Weird. I'll ask them later and see what can i get. Excited!


Alrighty, talk soon!




always grateful and blessed.



mun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee