2017

4 more days into 2018. Had loads of ups and downs this year, 2017. 2017 has taught me a lot of great things.

1. Be grateful for your family 

I have personally witnessed the pain when someone you love so dearly left you. It woke me up right away that we always take our family members for granted and always assume that they will be with us forever. Well, technically not really.

2. Things can happen unexpectedly

This I would like to dedicate to the piece of article that got selected to be published on the Leaderonomics website and the Star newspaper. It was seriously crazy. Never would I have thought that the article that I wrote in just a few hours' time , amended only twice can actually get selected to be published. I was seriously lucky.

3. Be good to your body and mind 

What I have been doing pretty consistent for the past few months is the food that I put in my body and working out. Exercise helps to clear my head from all the work stress and etc. I always feel emotionally recharged after gym. Work can be pretty stressful when your seniors a.k.a your boss, starts to put loads on you without considering of your prior knowledge which was null. Crazy, but I guess, from all that, they can see the reliability and all that in me.

4. True friends

I realised that I don't have many close friends. I have less than 5 actually including my boyfriend. Well, I think at this age, it is pretty normal considering being really busy at work and from all your high school, college and university's experience, you sort of know what type of friends you want to be surrounded with. True friends stays with your through thick and thin and I truly believe in that.

5. Choose the right partner

Choosing the right partner is really important. I have witnessed first hand on how detrimental a bad relationship can be. A good partner will always be there to support you and grow with you not bringing you down by keep pointing out your flaws that you already know and hate. Finding the right one is not easy because it takes time to experience things together and when you realise it is bad, get out.

6. Financial management

After getting a job, my mom asked me to "activate" my credit score. So I did by applying credit cards then that eventually helped me to buy my own car - super excited bout it!. However, one thing I regret deeply is my credit card management. When you get your card, you get so freaking excited to just swipe. Nuh uh my friend. That's the deepest shyt that you don't want to get yourself into. So I kind of maxed out the cards, then i slowly pay off every month but it seemed like the outstanding balance just kept increasing because of the interest-smh. So I found a way to clear off everything and lower my credit risk by doing debt consolidation. Trust me, this is by far the second best way to settle your credit cards debts and lower your credit risk. The best way is of course, settle all with cash. But at least now i just have to pay a fixed amount monthly together with my hire purchase and that's it. The remaining is for savings, insurance, daily expenses and that's about it. Be smart with your money. Don't maxed out your cards! Use what you have - advice from many , many seniors.

I think there is a lot more but these are the top 6 of what i have learnt from 2017.

Hopefully 2018 will be better!


Image result for 2018



Always grateful and blessed.



mun



       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee