The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari

I have been reading the book by Robin Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. Like finally i get to read this book. The book is seriously inspiring. I am only halfway through the book and i am taking it slow cause there's so much in the book that i want to digest. I realised, i see Winston Churchill's quote everywhere. In the library, so many in his book. Wow, i really need to find out who is this. His quotes are very motivational and inspirational.  One that i got from the book is "the price of greatness is responsibility over each of your thoughts". Control of our own mind is actually really important as it is the magnet to things that is happening, things that are going to happen in our lives. It is very similar to the book, Secret, where our mind controls the law of attraction. Whatever we think about, that is what is going to happen. To ensure great things to happen, first, control your mind to think positively.

Not only that, learn from mistakes, take it as a life lesson. Pain can be a wonderful teacher. How is that even possible eh? I mean, i experienced really hurtful moments in UK and i grew from it. Yes, i lost my appetite, i lost weight, i almost lost hope in what i was doing. I was so far from my family, i have close friends but i didn't want to pressure them with my problems and hence, i decided to step out from my comfort zone and do things alone which i have never done before. It was painful, i almost teared every time when i thought of what happened, but i gave myself deadline to stop crying and it actually worked. It takes time and discipline to not get stuck in the past. You wouldn't go far when you are stuck in the past. Right? I have learned to be a bigger person, to do things alone, to be a little more adventurous, get to know strangers which i feared- how strange for an outgoing person like me right? Honestly, i can't just talk to someone i don't know, i will feel awkward, i feel shy doing that. But now, i think i am midway there in stepping out from this awkwardness. I mean, it is normal for people to feel that but i don't want to be like everyone else, being different is what i always wanted - out from the mainstream. Obviously, there will be some things that we will be mainstream bout, but there are things too that we can be different.

I read that, concentration is the best way to control your mind. I have yet to learn this as i am always distracted by things around me. Hence, why i need to stay in my room before exams as it keeps me from being distracted. My phone, laptop, YouTube, people around me and so on - can be seriously distracting haha. Anyways, it is also up to me how i stay focused and ignore everything that has the potential for distraction. He used the example of how to start a fire with an envelop, magnifying glass, a can of tuna and twigs. To start a fire, put the envelop on the twigs and direct the sun ray using the magnifying glass, fire will then start within seconds. Guess what is the use of the can of tuna? Nothing. It is just a distraction. When you focus on what you are doing, you will quickly ignite the flames in you and create startling results. This really hit me. I need this for exams, for now.


I guess i should really start revising for the paper later! This is what happens when the motivated and inspired side of me appeared. LOL



Alright then,




Grateful and blessed


mun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee