2019

how time flies.

1 more month, actually 3 more weeks till I hit 25. I may be having quarter life crisis!! Many things have changed last year. Dealt with a lot of emotional roller coaster which was insane I must say! Loads of ups and downs, so much more as compared to last year (2017). I mean, people grow and so fast I have moved on to a new role in my life. And this current role, I deal with so many people, day in day out. Clients, candidates. I think you'll sort of get what I am currently doing right? Being a recruitment consultant is not just taking CVs and send to clients. You're absolutely wrong. We deal with people. People are the most complex creatures. As much as many is driven by financial reward, many too is not and that's when us, consultants come in. We are paid to handle situations, to deal with emotions, to dig as much as we can from another human who may not be willing to share, who may be cold af. How do you deal with those kind of situations? Not something you can learn from the books. nah ah. Technical skills can be learned online, easily, depending on your determination and focus to finish the course. But for this position, no technical skill needed besides writing of course, but other than that, it's purely, almost purely soft skills. How you talk, how you communicate, how you listen, how you gage body language. That sort of stuffs are not taught in books.

Probably because of my transition from non client facing position to 80% people facing position is hard. I won't even say it's challenging. I say it's hard. But I am surviving. I will have to keep reminding myself that there are things to be appreciated on this job. Don't let one cold client or candidate to ruin your mood and then you ruin others because emotions is so easy to be transmitted. So freaking easy that it can be transmitted via a phone call! And, the best part is I do my business via phone calls. Like I said, emotional roller coaster. You'll be so down for one thing and you'll have to be all cheerful and unaffected with the next phone call. What have I gotten myself into, I kept asking myself. Well, I signed myself for this. Something that I can't go back anymore. Not that I regret, just that I am affected more than I thought I would be. hmm. What can I do about this?

Time to self reflect and always, always look at the positivity. On why am I doing this? I am helping someone to get a better offer and finding the right candidate for the company which in real life may just be 20-30% of that but what I can do is, one person at a time. Am I doing that? Well, seems like I am fitting people according to their CVs and experiences rather than their personality. How can I balance this? Something that I have to definitely start practicing. Look at things on a deeper scale rather than just the surface. I need to ask better questions. Need to probe more. Need to start learning my ability to make people to open up.. That's the hardest part..

But all in all, I am still grateful for this position cause I am able to make a change. Change in someone's life and that is not something to be taken lightly on.

Also, my resolution for the year is to get an article published. Realised that I have not been writing for a super long time already. Time to get back on the game! Will be posting more often now. Something I want to stay committed to.

What is your 2019 resolution? Stop restarting the ones in 2018. Be creative! We have passed the repetitive stage! Time to start a new one :)


Always grateful and blessed



mun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee