24

I am going to be officially 24 in a week! I can't believe how time passes by so fast! *written a week before Feb*

It was just last week when my colleague asked how old am i, i answered, going to be 24 soon. She said, 24? You can get married and have kids already! Then i said, that's still a long way to go, but when i think about it, it's actually not too far.. There's so much to achieve before i want to get married. I have expectations to achieve before being married and have kids.. Not to say i can't achieve what i want with a family, it's just before getting tied down with getting pregnant and having kids and taking care of them, i want to be at least financially stable first where i don't have to worry about financials and just focus on taking care of my kids- maybe even, be a full time, stay at home mom. Just maybe, provided my husband can afford it of course.

It seems like i am giving myself a lot of expectations that i gives me stress that i have to achieve this and that to be successful. I have to do this and that before getting children and all. Sometimes, best things happen unexpectedly. I said sometimes because we don't want to be surprised all the time, or not, we'll get a freaking heart attack!

I should not derail my topic. Back to being 24.

I am nervous. I am scared and worried. What if i can't achieve what i wanted before 28? I have 4 more years to go only.. I am not ready to be "old-er". I want to stay in my early twenties. The reason why i am nervous about this is also i am nearer at getting out from early twenties to late twenties. I am not ready for that, yet, i think.

But also, i see many women who doesn't want to go back to their early twenties because they started achieving things in their late twenties or early thirties. I guess, early twenties is the time where you have reasons to do dumb shit. But once you get out of that category, you have a lot of commitment that is very hard for you to get out.

It has been a month since my birthday and I feel great. Getting back on my track, and one thing I want to get better this year is being more disciplined on my plans. I am going to eat healthier and have better habits. 2018 will be the year to start doing what i have always wanted to do, learn Chinese and start dancing. Let's see next year, 2019, how well i can read Chinese words. Time to focus on building my skills before start my new plan. Have to stop being distracted with all the new wants and focus on a building new skills.

Time to start scheduling and make full use of my phone to make it work for me! :)



Always grateful and blessed.



mun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Google

Rants

Coffee